Principal Traffic Engineer
July 10, 2018
Louis Berger is a global engineering and construction consulting firm with an international reputation of delivering superior results across an extensive portfolio of projects including rail and transit, bridge and tunnel, infrastructure, healthcare and education. Louis Berger’s expertise encompasses all phases of engineering from the initial planning stage through final design, construction and commissioning. We are providing Program Management and Construction Management (PM/CM) services in support of rail, infrastructure and mixed use improvement programs across the Middle East including but not limited to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan and the United Arab Emirates. The major components of these programs include rail, hospitals, schools, water treatment, and related infrastructure, along with safety, security, and environmental and sustainability services.
Louis Berger operates on every habitable continent. We have a long-standing presence in more than 50 nations, represented by the multidisciplinary expertise of nearly 6,000 engineers, economists, scientists, managers and planners.
Our team is growing and we are currently seeking for a Principal Traffic Engineer that will be based in the Dubai Office in the U.A.E. The incumbent will report functionally to the Director of Transportation and Urban Planning.
The Principal Traffic Engineer will oversee traffic engineering and transportation planning activities for the Dubai office and as needed for other projects in the GCC region.
Duties and responsibilities not limited to-
- Will lead the traffic impact study of the traffic engineering discipline, liaise with developers and authorities.
- Develop Client relationship with respect to master planning and traffic impact studies.
- Proven ability in leading and managing a team with regard to general infrastructure projects and ensuring design deliverable s achieve time, quality and budgetary targets.
- Providing technical direction to project managers whilst integrating and supporting other disciplines and divisions within the organisation.
- Significant proficiency in the review of work products and resolution of issues that may be raised during project execution.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain successful client relationships along with the preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Knowledge and expertise in EMME 2/3 modelling, VISSIM, VISSUM, SATURN, Corsim, Cube, Synchro and Sidra.
- Bachelors Degree in Transportation/Traffic/Civil Engineering with a minimum 15 years post graduate experience.
- Masters of Science degree in Transportation Engineering and Planning would be viewed favorably.
- Approved RTA liaison Engineer.