Aircraft Servicer (Hawthorne) – (AS Haw.2)
Fort Campbell, KY
June 11, 2018
Responsible for the receipt, issue and transportation via Tractor/Trailer of petroleum products to aircraft and other storage facilities in support of Department of Defense requirements. This position is located at Ft. Campbell, KY.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Loads, transports and issues jet-fuel to all types of aircraft and ground fuels to storage facilities.
- Operates/monitors truck installed fuel pumping system for customers performing aircraft refueling, and auxiliary fuel tank servicing.
- Prepares/inspects receiving or shipping documents for accuracy.
- Connects lines, ground wires, and loading connection points from pipeline connections and service points.
- Performs truck inventory of product following standard operating procedures.
- Inspect visually and tests samples of fuel to meet established standards, checking for gravity, flashpoint, and any other laboratory required tests. Completes required reports per the statement of work.
- Monitors truck operations for fuel levels, pumping systems, correct operating pressure, temperatures and integrity of fuel delivery system. Drains air tanks.
- Performs DOT Pre-and Post-Inspection of fleet vehicles for over the road (OTR) use.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly Inspections on fueling vehicles in accordance with established procedure.
- Maintains grounds and performs general housekeeping for the fuel storage areas
- Performs minor corrosion control activities of the facility and equipment to prevent deterioration and to maintain usability.
- Prepares and submits reports or other verifying documentation as required by contract and other regulatory authority.
- Perform required tasks and training to meet prescribed safety standards, maintaining compliance with contract language for OSHA/DOT related standards.
- Understands and abides by the standards set forth for ethical behavior and integrity as detailed in the Code of Business Conduct.
- Performs all other duties prescribed by management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The following are required skills upon hire for the position:
- Working knowledge of tractor/trailer operations to include the receipt, storage, internal handling, and shipment of petroleum products.
- Must be able to multi-task, working around noisy moving aircraft both day and night in inclement weather, heat and fast paced environment, meeting tight deadlines in a timely manner.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to effectively and tactfully communicate with many levels of personnel in a variety of environments. Must be able to tactfully navigate delicate situations with finesse and sensitivity.
- Must be detail oriented with a strong sense of motivation and drive to constantly perform at a high level of expertise with an emphasis on attention to detail.
- Fluent English reading and writing skills to be able to read and understand guidance for day to day work requirements.
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to pass the required background checks for the position through the military and civilian systems. The ability to obtain a government Common Access Card (CAC).
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
An ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of Truck fuel delivery systems. Must have at least two (2) years of experience with Class “A” CDL with Hazmat endorsement.
A keen attention to detail and self-motivation are a must. The candidate must be dependable, consistently at work and on time, follow instructions well, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance. A demonstrated ability to monitor their own work to ensure accuracy and quality is essential. Candidate must possess the ability to use an automated inventory system.
Louis Berger Services is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans