April 13, 2018
Louis Berger is an Engineering News-Record top-20 ranked, $1 billion global professional services corporation that helps clients solve their most complex infrastructure and development challenges.
- Delivering major infrastructure redevelopment programs in highly populated, urban areas.
- Constructing and rehabilitating critical infrastructure in fragile states and developing countries.
- Fostering sustainable livelihoods and economic development worldwide.
- Preserving and protecting the environment to ensure that future generations have access to clean air and water, fertile soil, open spaces and sustainable resources.
- Preserving the aesthetic, environmental, historical and cultural integrity of national and historic landmarks around the world.
With nearly 6,000 engineers, economists, scientists and planners worldwide in more than 50 nations, we are unique in our ability to adapt to local situations.
Louis Berger has an exciting opening for a Transportation Intern to work with our transportation engineering team in the Philadelphia, PA office, specializing in traffic, civil, and structural engineering. The Transportation Intern will have the opportunity to support both local and national key projects that include but are not limited to aiding professional engineers with the following:
- Development of civil and structural design plans
- Perform basic traffic, civil, and structural calculations
- Traffic data collection and analysis
- Technical writing and report documentation
- Preparation of specifications and cost estimates
- Limited travel to job sites may be required
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Courses specific to traffic, civil, and structural disciplines
- Experience with Microstation and/or AutoCAD
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, technical writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with state design codes preferred
- Energetic candidate comfortable working in a collaborative team environment
- Good grades with interest in civil/highway/structural engineering
- Proficiency with MS office required