Entry Level Master Planner/Landscape Architect
May 16, 2018
Louis Berger’s Urban & Facilities Planning group is seeking a Planner/Landscape Architect in our Pittsburgh, PA office to support the team’s growing planning practice. The qualified individual will be a highly motivated self-starter able to utilize creative problem-solving skills to develop planning solutions for Federal agencies. Successful candidates will have a key role and opportunity to impact the team’s diverse portfolio through the following:
- Develop detailed site plans, create graphics, and provide document production support on complex master planning assignments.
- Participate in project site visits and charrette meetings, including conducting client interviews, site analysis, and presentations.
- Contribute to written analysis and data management, including GIS databases.
- Assist in building condition and utilization assessment field surveys, utilizing various data collection platforms.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 0-2 years of practical experience in the Planning or Landscape Architecture fields.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture, Planning, or related field or a Master’s Degree in City Planning or Landscape Architecture.
- Ability to produce AutoCAD and GIS-based site analyses and rendered site plans.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) is required.
- Knowledge of sustainability principles, low impact development, integrated design, and LEED guidelines.
- Willingness to travel extensively (multi-week or back-to-back travel may be required). U.S. passport and the ability to travel internationally is required.
- All candidates are required to have the ability to pass a security/background check and security clearance investigation.
- Due to the security requirements for Federal contracts, U.S. citizenship is required.
- Willingness to pursue Registered Landscape Architect (RLA) and/or American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) accredidation (Louis Berger will support and reward obtaining licensure).
- Knowledge of LEED criteria and willingness to pursue certification is preferred.
- Previous Military Installation Master Planning experience a plus but not required.