Junior Structural/Bridge Engineer
May 16, 2018
Louis Berger is currently looking to expand its Structural/Bridge Engineering group within its Transportation Division Nationwide, and is seeking Junior Structural/Bridge Engineers for various positions in our offices in the US. The Junior Structural/Bridge Engineer will have the opportunity to support both local and national key projects, will work collaboratively with other engineers on projects with the State DOTs, regional and local agencies and will take on the following responsibilities:
- Development of construction plans, cost estimates, specifications, and bid documents.
- Performing design calculations and bridge design through utilization design and CAD software.
- Participation in bridge and facilities inspections.
The successful candidate will have:
- BS in Civil Engineering and potential to obtain PE license.
- 6 months to 3 years of experience in structural bridge design, development of construction plans, cost estimates, bid documents, and quantity takeoffs for transportation and bridge projects (internship experience included).
- Experience with AASHTO LRFD and LRFR; and familiarity with DOT manuals and procedures.
- Knowledge of drafting software AutoCAD or Microstation
- Good communication skills and ability to work as a team member. Because Louis Berger has offices nationwide, the successful candidate should have the willingness to participate on projects in one of the other office or project locations away from the home office site for brief periods when required.