402-17-022-WO-6-Design Build Subject Matter Expert
New York, NY
December 7, 2017
The selected person(s) will report directly to the Assistant Chief Engineer – Operations. This individual will be required to develop and implement a plan to deploy Design Build Policies and Procedures by the 4th Quarter of 2018. As needed, services shall include, but are not limited to:
- Developing Design-Build Manual to supplement the PANYNJ Engineering Manual.
- Developing a project selection matrix and criteria, including project goal setting and risk analysis process, to identify the appropriate method of delivery for a project, including Design-Build and Design-Bid-Build
- Developing design-build selection criteria for large and small projects, identifying when best value or low bid selection would be suitable.
- Developing an organizational structure that define roles and responsibilities for small and large design- build projects including but not limited to the following in support of the PANYNJ
- Design/Build solicitation documents – Templates
- Technical provision for work and specifications
- Contract Book- Boilerplate
- Submittal process and work flow management- enhancements
- Change Management Process
- QA/QC requirements for the D/B entity
- Responsibility for special inspections with verification and acceptance testing
- Language com compensable and non-compensable delays
- Language for corrective action during construction
- Language for non-compliance financial penalties
- Compliance reviews and audits
- Evaluation criteria for Request for Qualifications (RFQ)
Candidate shall aid in training of staff for DB project delivery and provide support and interface with PA Procurement and Legal staff in preparation of DB solicitation documents.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Consultant candidate(s) shall be subject matter expert(s) in Design/Build (DB) procurement and have an extensive background with DB projects, specifically in the preparation of DB solicitation documents for the owner. Candidate(s) shall have a strong understanding of national best practices for DB, and demonstrated in-depth knowledge of documents published by the Design-Build Institute of America.
Multi-faceted experience where candidate served as the representative for owner, DB prime designer, DB Independent Quality Assurance firm, and worked for a public procurement department.