December 7, 2017
Louis Berger was founded in 1953 by Dr. Louis Berger as a soil mechanics and geotechnical engineering firm in Pennsylvania, United States. Louis Berger is an Engineering News-Record top-20 ranked, $1 billion global professional services corporation that helps clients solve their most complex infrastructure and development challenges. With nearly 6,000 engineers, economists, scientists and planners worldwide in more than 50 nations, we are unique in our ability to adapt to local situations. Louis Berger has been working in Asia for over five decades.
With offices in all the key centers of Asia, two of them in India (Gurgaon and Mumbai) and over 1,000 staff in the region. Louis Berger has developed deep experience in this complex and challenging environment. Louis Berger’s presence in India specifically, dates back to the year 1995 when a fully functional office was set up to meet the demands of a potentially growing economy which posed major challenges as well as opportunities for firms specializing in working in the development sector. Since then, Louis Berger has been working for various Clients including the NHAI, MMRDA, CIDCO, State PWD, DMICDC and various State Governments undertakings in sectors covering rail transit, highways, rural roads, urban infrastructure development such as water supply, sewerage, sanitation, solid waste management etc.
Duties and responsibilities not limited to:
Assist the Track Work Engineer (Key Expert) and Senior Track work Engineer to perform the following tasks:
- Review and supplement the details given in DPR mainly on track design and installation aspects.
- Review & supplement aspects pertaining to detailing of route alignment prepared by the IC
- Prepare DBR for track work .
- Prepare Track Layout Plan and Crossing Arrangements
- Review & supplement the outline design for the inspection sheds, maintenance sheds, stabling shed (prepared by the IC) from the point of view of Track work requirements.
- Produce PQ document, get involved in PQ process and prepare PQ evaluation report for shortlisting the agencies for the Track work.
- Prepare outline design I Preliminary design/ tender design for the Track work contract package.
- Prepare tender documents for Track work contract package.
- Produce the implementation program for the Track work contract package.
- Assist MMRCL in activities during the tendering process – pre-bid meetings, clarifications to tender queries, tender addendum, etc.
- Carry out tender evaluation and prepare tender evaluation report (Technical and financial) and perform other activities leading to award of the Track work contract
- Finalize contract agreement and contract documents to be signed by the contractor and MMRCL.
- Project management of the Track work contract till T&C
- Manage the Track work Team’s role and interfaces with other systems during the implementation stage for review and proof checking of contractor’s design, equipment
- specification and all other submissions, and supervision and monitoring of the installation/construction, testing and commissioning of the works.
- Handle day-to-day technical matters.
- Attend meetings with MMRC senior management, contractors and other stake holders.
- Get Involved in Oscillation Trials and integrated testing of the System.
- Assist MMRCL In obtaining the requisite approvals from MOR.
- Assist MMRCL in obtaining the CMRS certification for commencing the commercial operations of the corridor.
- Contribute in preparation/finalization of relevant O&M manual.
- Contribute in planning the training for O&M staff of MMRCL.
- Any other task or responsibility which is stated or intended as per TOR contained in RFP for GC services.
- Design Management
- alignment interfaces
- Alignment Engineer
- Should be Graduate in Engineering with minimum 5 years of experience in the field of civil engineering (Track work ) preferably experience in underground metro tunneling projects.