Lead Bridge Inspector
September 29, 2017
LB is seeking a Senior Bridge Inspector to join the Construction Management and Inspection team for DDOT projects in Washington, DC Area. This is advanced level technical work supporting engineers in functional areas of bridge and roadway construction inspection; materials sampling, inspection and testing and monitoring construction activities on bridge projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting construction inspections on bridge projects for conformance to Plans and Specifications.
- May function as lead project inspector conducting independent complex inspections themselves, and supervising lower level inspectors performing routine to moderately complex inspections of bridge and roadway construction processes and materials to assure compliance with the construction contract.
- Recording field measurements in project records for review by Construction Manager.
- Reviewing traffic control daily, and additionally as required or requested.
- Preparing an accurate daily report, consisting of:
- A record of the contractors on the project
- Their personnel (number and classification)
- Equipment (number and type or size)
- Location and work performed by each contractor or subcontractor
- Events of note on the project
- Accidents on the project and any details surrounding the accident such as police report number, fatalities, causes, time, etc. Obtain a copy of the police report for the project records whenever possible.
- Weather, amount of precipitation, temperatures, cloudy, clear, etc.
- Days charged, with explanation if not charged
- Equipment arriving or leaving the project, idle equipment
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology and seven (7) years of progressive transportation technician experience and construction experience on at least four (4) bridges; OR
- NICET IV and ten (10) years of progressive transportation technician experience and construction experience on at least four (4) bridges;