Natural Resource Management
September 27, 2017
Louis Berger is seeking a studious, field savvy, Environmental Scientist in Mid-Atlantic Region eager to develop a career as part of our team focusing on natural resource management, wetland science, ecosystem restoration and regulatory compliance for public and private clients.
Duties will include:
Primary project responsibilities will encompass wetland delineation based on state and federal methodologies, habitat assessments, report preparation, and regulatory compliance tasks. Candidates must have the capacity to work outdoors in all seasons in all weather conditions, ability to travel for a duration of a week or longer, and have the ability to communicate effectively with other team members, project managers, and clients. Flexibility to travel will be required.
The successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Bachelors of Science in environmental science, wetland science, botany, soil, wildlife science or other natural resource field;
- Excellent scientific writing and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated vegetation identification experience;
- Keen understanding of ecological processes;
- Ability/desire to develop expertise in specific area of natural resource management;
- Must be willing and physically able to perform strenuous field work associated with various site conditions and inclement weather;
- Must be willing and able to travel for duration of 1 week or longer;
- Valid driver’s license.
The following attributes beyond the minimum requirements will be considered favorably:
- Advanced degree involving thesis study in environmental science, wetland science, botany, soil, wildlife science or other natural resource field.
- Demonstrated experience obtaining environmental permits/approvals/authorizations from state and/or federal regulatory agencies;
- Over five years’ experience in the areas of regulatory compliance/permitting, wetland/stream mitigation design, preparing NEPA/MEPA documentation, state and federal T&E species consultation.
- Lead wetland delineation experience.
- Professional registration as a PWS, CWB, CE, and/or other relevant certifications of skills/experience a plus.
- Prior experience with military, utilities, and transportation projects, airport wildlife hazard assessments, and ecosystem restoration projects will be viewed favorably.
- Full benefits package includes vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical / dental / life / disability insurance, 401K plan, etc.
ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT REFERENCES, LETTER OF INTEREST AND RESUME