September 27, 2017
Louis Berger’s Planning practice is seeking a Landscape Architect/Planner to support growing workloads in its Washington, DC and Pittsburgh, PA offices. The Landscape Architect/Planner is a key role that will have the opportunity to impact the team’s diverse portfolio through the following:
- Contribute to private and public facilities master plans (including for federal facilities and educational facilities), resiliency planning, transportation planning, urban planning and landscape planning and design.
- Participate in planning projects, stakeholder interviews, existing conditions analysis using GIS, develop high quality plan graphics, renderings and 3D models using software as well as hand drawing.
- Support design projects through preparation of landscape plans for ecosystem restoration projects, landscape design, streetscape and construction drawings for a variety of landscape architecture projects.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 1-4 years of practical experience in landscape architecture
- Master of Landscape Architecture degree or BA with 2 years of experience minimum.
- Team-based orientation.
- Ability to conduct independent research and interest in sustainable and resilient design.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and 3D modeling.
- Eligibility for US government security clearance.
- Due to the team-based nature of the work and mentoring environment, presence in the office is expected.
Required Project Skills:
- Read, understand, summarize, and apply existing planning documents, studies, and regulations
- Create analysis map layers (GIS, CAD, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Listen and record stakeholder input during interviews and charrettes, quickly and thoroughly
- Graphic design to convey program requirements, statistics, and stakeholder input
- Hand sketch clear concept/bubble diagrams as well as plans for urban and landscape development
- Digitally render plans for urban and landscape development in Illustrator or similar
- Digitally render landscape/urban designs perspectives in Photoshop or similar
- 3D model landscape/urban designs in Sketchup or similar (graphic enhancement plug-ins a plus)
- Construction documents in AutoCAD
- Create Grading plans, layout/dimension plans and landscape plans, details and notes following CAD standards
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and ESRI/GIS.
- Landscape Architecture license not required. (Louis Berger will support and reward obtaining licensure).
- Previous Military Installation Master Planning experience.
Applicants will be asked to provide a writing sample showing description of a design problem, analysis, and recommendations, and graphic samples showing information synthesis (infographics), plans/sections/elevations, analysis graphics, 3D renderings of final designs.