Water Resource Management
August 12, 2017
Louis Berger is an internationally recognized consulting firm that provides engineering, architecture, program and construction management, environmental planning and science, and economic development services. For nearly 60 years, we have been a devoted and trusted partner to U.S. federal, state, and local government agencies; national, provincial, and local governments; multilateral institutions; and commercial industry. To this diverse client base we bring strategic vision and an entrepreneurial spirit, developing innovative solutions to the world’s most challenging problems.
Project: Technical assistance for the preparation of the financing application and tender documentation for the regional project for development of the water and wastewater infrastructure in Tulcea County, for the period 2014- 2020
Our team is growing and we are currently seeking for a Design Coordinator who will be based in our design department in Bucharest, Romania with active input in the project we are currently implementing for Tulcea county.
- Coordinating the entire design activity;
- Coordinating the team of designers;
- Act as designer for water and wastewater networks;
- Perform calculation related to water and wastewater systems/networks and their elements (storage reservoirs, chambers, overflows.,etc.);
- Perform network modelling both for water and wastewater networks;
- Design of water treatment plant and wastewater treatment plant in direct cooperation with designers of other specialties (process, mechanical and electrical);
- Act as chief designer for a specific objective;
- Mentoring the designing team allocated for a specific objective;
- Act as Consultant’s representative in the technical meetings with Clients, Partners, Contractors within the authority limits delegated by the Manager;
- Check the design issued by the team under its authority
Excellent communication skills and fluency in both English and Romanian
- Bachelor degree in one of the following fields: water supply and sewerage networks, sanitary engineering and environmental protection, installations, hydrotechnics, civil engineering;
- At least 10 years’ experience in planning (preparation of master plans), design (preparation of feasibility studies, technical and detailed designs) and execution of water and sewerage networks (providing technical assistance as designer during the implementation of the works contracts). Very well acquainted with use of design software Hydra and Canalis (Urbano), Epanet, others;
- At least 5 years’ experience in preparation of hydraulic models for water and sewerage networks by using specialized software (Mike Urban, Infraworks, others).