FIDIC Claims Management and Disputes Resolution
August 12, 2017
Louis Berger is an internationally recognized consulting firm that provides engineering, architecture, program and construction management, environmental planning and science, and economic development services. For nearly 60 years, we have been a devoted and trusted partner to U.S. federal, state, and local government agencies; national, provincial, and local governments; multilateral institutions; and commercial industry. To this diverse client base we bring strategic vision and an entrepreneurial spirit, developing innovative solutions to the world’s most challenging problems.
The Expert shall support EUID/CMU in the management and resolution of outstanding claims of works contracts, in order to optimise the absorption of IPA funds, in strict compliance with the works Conditions of Contract.
- Review available background documentation relating to the claims for works contracts;
- Develop an Action Plan including a Time Schedule to address claims matters, to resolve as quickly as possible so that financial implications can be finalised;
- Contribute to the implementation of the Action Plan;
- Work with the CMU, End-Recipients, the FIDIC Engineers and other stakeholders, as appropriate;
- For each outstanding claim, based on the provisions of the relevant Conditions of Contract:
- Keep the Employer fully informed of issues and constraints,
- Develop claim resolution options / scenarios (in the event scenarios envisage contract addenda, due cognisance shall be given to the time-consuming ex-ante control procedure),
- Make recommendations to CMU, and
- Provide support for the implementation of adopted options / scenarios / conclusions.
- As may be needed, prepare the documentation to support ex-ante approval of any required Contract Addenda in order to maximise the disbursement of expenditure prior to the eligibility deadline of 31st December 2017.
- University degree in a discipline relevant to their area of expertise. In the absence of a University degree, a minimum of 9 years of professional experience is required;
- Good level of English;
- Good level of computer literacy
- Minimum 5 years of general professional experience;
- Minimum 3 years of specific experience in their area of expertise