Air Freight Specialist – (AFS)
Kuwait, Al Kuwayt
June 9, 2017
REPORTS TO : Air Freight Manager
DEPARTMENT : Air Terminal Ground Handling Services
JOB SUMMARY : Perform all tasks associated with the safe and correct operation of the Air Terminal as directed by management, regulations, policies, Instructions and the Performance Work Statement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate GATES/GDSS systems as required.
- Assists with data base integrity by reviewing all required GATES reports when requested.
- Ensure cargo and baggage are properly handled utilizing the load plan lAW applicable instructions.
- Validate, select, stage and load aircraft IAW applicable guidance.
- Build-up/ break-down baggage/mix pallets, multi-pallet trains and loose cargo.
- Offload/ on load cargo on surface and air conveyance.
- Accurately weigh and record cargo and baggage.
- Ensure all Performance Work Statement (PWS) requirements are properly and accurately accomplished.
- Perform terminal inventories.
- Properly store and facilitate onward movement of all cargo.
- Coordinate timely cargo and mail pick-up/release.
- Reconfigure cargo to meet aircraft envelope.
- Accomplish manual procedures when systems are down.
- Escort trucks, buses, personnel and other surface conveyances.
- Ensure maximum aircraft utilization based upon available airlift and existing port backlogs.
- Facilitate on-time aircraft departures.
- Ensure all trash is removed from aircraft other than AMC Contracted Aircraft.
- Ensure water coolers, ice chests and freezer are stocked with water and ice for each shift.
- Ensure all vehicles are parked per the published vehicle parking plan.
- Perform Wing-Walker duties.
- Process cargo lAW applicable instructions.
- Operate K-loaders, forklifts, buses, tugs, vans or other required vehicles safely, inspect daily utilizing check lists and AFTO forms and ensure vehicles in need of repair or service are properly turned in to maintenance.
- Perform Cargo Processing, Special Handling, and Load Planning functions in accordance with AMCI 24-101, Volumes 6, 9, and 11, DTR 4500-9 1Parts 2 and 3, and AFJMAN 24-204 and other applicable instructions.
- Perform Joint Inspections.
- Perform aircraft ground services IAW Air Force Occupational Safety and Health Standard (AFOSHSTD) 91-100, T.O. 00-25-172, AFI 11-218, and applicable aircraft T.O.’s.
- Position, deposition, connect, disconnect to / from aircraft all ground support equipment to include 150 lb Halon Fire Bottles.
- Perform follow-me marshaling to include blocking, chocking, wingtip/tail clearance guard duties.
- Perform pushback and towing duties for all transiting aircraft.
- Wash AGE equipment as scheduled.
- Store and park AGE equipment per the published parking plan.
- Operate/inspect light carts positioned on aircraft parking locations.
- Perform supplemental duties in Aircraft Services or other work centers as required by Supervisor, Lead and Management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The following are required skills upon hire for the position:
- Experience in Air Terminal Ground Handling Services is preferred.
- Must have computer skills and be able to operate a variety of computer programs. Must be detail oriented, motivated and drive to perform at a high level.
- Must be able to comprehend English to include reading and writing.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- You will be required to maintain a valid passport.
- You will be required to maintain NAC/Secret clearance.
DESIRABLE SKILLS: The following are desirable skills for the position upon hire.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Team player.
- Ability to multi-task.
NOTE 1: Air Freight Specialist will be required to work in all areas of ATGHS
NOTE 2: Air Freight Specialist is a physically challenging position; extended periods of standing, walking, pushing and lifting are required