Doha, Ad Dawhah
November 16, 2017
Louis Berger is an Engineering News-Record top-20 ranked, $1 billion global professional services corporation that helps clients solve their most complex infrastructure and development challenges across over 50 nations. To this diverse client base we bring strategic vision and an entrepreneurial spirit, developing innovative solutions to the world’s most challenging problems. We are driven by our passion for our work, our industry and for delivering on our promise to provide Solutions for a better world.
Louis Berger has recently been awarded the construction supervision services for three FIFA-compliant stadiums, precincts, and 41 training facilities across Qatar. The project will include the Lusail Iconic Stadium, which will have seating capacity for more than 80,000 fans and will host the opening and closing ceremonies, along with final matches. Due to the magnitude of the project we will be seeking Civil Engineers to be part of this iconic project for the Lusail Stadium.
Duties and Responsibilities not limited to:
- Inspect site conditions prior to start of construction activities.
- Verify the compatibility of the site with the designed permanent works and check for obstructions. Ensure foundation works are completed in accordance with specifications and relevant building codes and meet the load bearing requirements of the construction.
- Review of civil works technical submittals in a timely and accurate manner conforming with the design requirements of the contract and local design standards.
- Document the condition of any defects or discrepancies and report to the Senior Civil Engineer and/or the Lead Engineer.
- Review materials delivered to site for conformance with approved samples, materials and equipment and report and discrepancies to the Senior Civil Engineer and/or the Lead Engineer.
- Witness all tests of concrete and steel to ensure compliance with specifications and relevant building codes.
- Report any deficiencies or discrepancies to the Senior Civil Engineer with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Inspect the ongoing construction of temporary and permanent works to ensure compliance with the Contract Documents and approved shop drawings and submittals.
- Complete all inspection reports and paperwork in accordance with QA/QC procedures.
- Prepare daily logs and reports.
- Maintain records of inspections made, test performance, work executed, etc.
- Perform all work in accordance with the Contract Administration Procedures Manual and prescribed QA/QC procedures.
- Perform all other duties that may be requested by the Senior Civil Engineer and/or the Lead Engineer.
- Attend meetings with project team, client, contractors, sub-contractors and other stakeholders.
Relevant degree in Civil / Structural Engineering from a recognized University.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience.
- Preferable relevant experience in the Gulf region.
To learn more about Louis Berger, visit us at www.louisberger.com.