Doha, Ad Dawhah
April 27, 2017
Louis Berger is a global engineering and construction consulting firm with an international reputation of delivering superior results across an extensive portfolio of projects including rail and transit, bridge and tunnel, infrastructure, healthcare and education. Louis Berger’s expertise encompasses all phases of engineering from the initial planning stage through final design, construction and commissioning. We are providing Program Management and Construction Management (PM/CM) services in support of rail, infrastructure and mixed use improvement programs across the Middle East including but not limited to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan and the United Arab Emirates. The major components of these programs include rail, hospitals, schools, water treatment, and related infrastructure, along with safety, security, and environmental and sustainability services.
Louis Berger operates on every habitable continent. We have a long-standing presence in more than 50 nations, represented by the multidisciplinary expertise of nearly 6,000 engineers, economists, scientists, managers and planners.
To learn more about Louis Berger, visit us at www.louisberger.com.
Our team is growing and we are currently seeking for an Electrical Inspector that will be based in Al Dhakira project – Al Khor, Qatar. The incumbent will report functionally to the Resident Engineer.
The project includes a 56.2 Million Liters per Day (MLD) Advanced Waste Water Treatment Plant with Sequencing Batch Reactor Technology and tertiary filtration, plus two pumping stations (one new and one to be rehabilitated) and approximately 100 km of rising mains.
Duties and responsibilities not limited to:
- Keeping records of work carried out in the field.
- Reporting non-compliance to the Resident Engineer (RE) or Assistant Resident Engineer (ARE).
- Keeping field records of site resources.
- Advising the RE or ARE of any site events that are likely to impede progress or cause non-compliance.
- Keeping Safety Engineer informed of risky activities and non-compliance in the field.
- Accept approved requests for inspection from the RE or ARE and attend the site to witness tests. to ensure compliance with the specification.
- Checking contractor’s materials on site and proper storage and handling on site.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Familiarity with Qatar Construction Standards.
- Good knowledge of Mechanical works and installations in required in a wastewater treatment environment.
- Minimum 6 years demonstrable experience of supervision of similar size sewage projects in refurbishment & upgrading, treatment plant and pump station projects.
- At least 6 years’ experience in all aspects of mechanical works inspection and installation supervision of mechanical equipment related to sewerage treatment and pumping stations.
- Experience should also include supervision of control & instrumentation and software & hardware installation activities on a variety of public infrastructure projects including treatment works, pump stations, coordination & interfacing with Operation & Maintenance (Drainage) Department existing system in the Master Station, Testing & Commissioning etc.