Senior Structural Engineer
Doha, Ad Dawhah
March 16, 2017
Louis Berger is an Engineering News-Record top-20 ranked, $1 billion global professional services corporation that helps clients solve their most complex infrastructure and development challenges across over 50 nations. To this diverse client base we bring strategic vision and an entrepreneurial spirit, developing innovative solutions to the world’s most challenging problems. We are driven by our passion for our work, our industry and for delivering on our promise to provide Solutions for a better world.
Louis Berger has recently been awarded the construction supervision services for three FIFA-compliant stadiums, precincts, and 41 training facilities across Qatar. The project will include the Lusail Iconic Stadium, which will have seating capacity for more than 80,000 fans and will host the opening and closing ceremonies, along with final matches. Due to the magnitude of the project we will be seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to be part of this iconic project.
Duties and Responsibilities not limited to:
- Coordinate the Structural Engineers and Inspectors in monitoring and supervising all the activities associated with the Project in relation to the Structural Works;
- Review IFC, Shop drawing, RAMS, ITP, Material Submittals for Structural Works as per the project procedures;
- Assign tasks and inspection schedules to Structural Engineers and Inspectors;
- Review the inspection comments provided by the Structural Engineering team prior to releasing them to the Lead Engineer and, when necessary, attend scheduled inspections via Inspection Requests and provide accurate inspection comments;
- Ensure that the Structural Engineers and Inspectors monitor and supervise the Contractor’s performance against approved Method Statements and ITPs;
- Monitoring Inspection and Tests, and planning the tasks for Structural Engineers and Inspectors as necessary;
Relevant degree in Civil / Structural Engineering from a recognized University.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the Gulf region.
- MMUP registration.
To learn more about Louis Berger, visit us at www.louisberger.com.