Test & Commissioning Manager
Rail and Transit
December 20, 2016
Louis Berger is an Engineering News-Record top-20 ranked, $1 billion global professional services corporation that helps clients solve their most complex infrastructure and development challenges across over 50 nations. To this diverse client base we bring strategic vision and an entrepreneurial spirit, developing innovative solutions to the world’s most challenging problems. We are driven by our passion for our work, our industry and for delivering on our promise to provide Solutions for a better world.
Louis Berger was awarded the lead contract to provide program and construction management services for Package 3 of the Riyadh Metro project. Package 3 is an $8 billion project involving management of the design and construction of Line 4, Line 5 and Line 6, as well as 22 stations, in the new metro system in the Kingdom. Due to the high demand of the project and client our ever growing team is are currently seeking for a Project Manager- Test & Commissioning to contribute to the ongoing success of delivering to our client’s needs.
Responsible for managing the integration and validation activities of the Design and Build Contractor, together with the validation of all Test and Commissioning plans and test procedures for the Railway Systems activities.
- Reviewing the testing and commissioning plans submitted by the Design and Build Contractor to ensure compliance with the operational requirements of the project.
- Plan, organise and supervise works to ensure all works performed within the parameters of the project schedule. – Liaison with the Systems Engineering team for engineering support and control.
- Coordinate with the Operator, Civil Defence and Saudi Railways Commission and other third parties related to all necessary testing and commissioning requirements for the project.
- Ensure all testing and commissioning works are comprehensive and discussed with stakeholders to ensure best implementation.
- Approval of testing and commissioning works.
- Participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies in public meetings with the client.
- Initiate risk assessment of testing and commissioning works, review and endorse risk assessment results and recommend course of action to ensure mitigation of risks.
- Attend to final inspections on completed projects and initiate Contract Completion Certificates and Handover Certificates.
- An Engineering degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of standard international specifications and codes.
- Knowledge of Project Management Software.
- Knowledge of detailed Engineering projects.
- Excellent knowledge of safety and quality procedures.
- Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills
- Good Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Cost consciousness
- Project Management skills
- With at least 20+ years’ experience in Rail Infrastructure Works
- Membership of the Association for Project Management or other professional body
- Knowledge of investment processes and procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of project and contract management