Site Supervisor Stations Construction
April 23, 2017
Louis Berger is an Engineering News-Record top-20 ranked, $1 billion global professional services corporation that helps clients solve their most complex infrastructure and development challenges across over 50 nations. To this diverse client base we bring strategic vision and an entrepreneurial spirit, developing innovative solutions to the world’s most challenging problems. We are driven by our passion for our work, our industry and for delivering on our promise to provide Solutions for a better world.
Louis Berger was awarded the lead contract to provide program and construction management services for Package 3 of the Riyadh Metro project. Package 3 is an $8 billion project involving management of the design and construction of Line 4, Line 5 and Line 6, as well as 22 stations, in the new metro system in the Kingdom. Due to the high demand of the project and client our ever growing team is are currently seeking for a Construction Manager (Mechanical and Rail Systems) to contribute to the ongoing success of delivering to our client’s needs.
Duties and responsibilities not limited to:
- Supervise and lead a team of Engineers in the completion of all construction activities of projects in line with project requirements and project budgets and schedules and in conformance with Quality Control, ITP, Method Statement and HSE standards.
- Manage, direct and co-ordinate all projects/sites activity with responsibility for the execution of the project in compliance with all contractual requirements, ensure that resource usage is optimised to achieve, or exceed, Required projected profit margins. Occasionally leads proposal preparation efforts.
- Review the project scope with the Project / Construction Manager and understand the specifications of the work to be accomplished including understanding the ITP requirements, the method statement as well as standards or rules set by the client.
- Generate the project plan for the construction activities to be accomplished in conjunction with the planning Engineers with details on specific activities and respective dates of completion.
- Commence the construction as per guidelines set and ensure the completion of the same as per the above plan.
- Coordinate with Contractor for the supply of materials and equipment required for the construction activities and ensure that they are available for the construction team when required.
- Coordinate with the various discipline engineers to ensure the smooth completion of all discipline activities to enable the start and completion of construction.
- Coordinate and clear shortage of materials, check and clear documents and reports generated by the supervisors.
- Ensure the organisation and definition of responsibilities for the construction personnel.
- Ensure that completion certificates are obtained as and when each system of the project is completed.
- Establish a construction organization and create a mechanism for the evaluation of the work of contractors and suppliers including the inspection, supervision and monitoring mechanism taking into consideration cost, progress, manpower and material elements.
- Constantly identify bottlenecks for progress on construction and proactively take action to resolve the same.
- Provide guidance to suppliers to obtain efficient execution of all fabrication, construction activities.
- Ensure the mobilization of all labour / Inspectors / Supervisor /materials and equipment in the most cost effective and efficient manner to achieve the construction objectives.
- Coordinate and liaison with contractor and certifying and regulatory authorities in order to ensure that the project is in compliance with all requirements.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the reporting supervisor.
- Engineering Degree in Civil/Construction
- Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Cost consciousness
- Project Management Skills
- Process Orientation
- Knowledge of standard international specifications and codes
- Knowledge of any Project Management Software
- Thorough knowledge of Safety and Quality procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical and systems related to construction
- Minimum of 15+ years’ experience in Construction / PMC / EPC / Main Contractor with 8 years in metro/rail experience.