Public Involvement Specialist
New York, NY
May 16, 2018
Public Involvement Specialist (New York City)
Louis Berger is seeking a specialist in public involvement specialist in New York City to support a client’s needs for full time public affairs services in transportation and infrastructure planning. Responsibilities would include oversight for the preparation of agency public involvement plan, intergovernmental affairs, stakeholder coordination, and fielding of press inquiries.
The qualified candidate must possess outstanding writing abilities and interpersonal communication skills and be interested in working in team-oriented work environment. He or she must have experience in public affairs and government stakeholder coordination in New York region. Direct experience in transportation planning sector, metropolitan planning organizations, or New York City / New York State government agency a plus.
The position requires expertise in the production of graphically driven reports and other documentation, and effective interaction with stakeholders and public to present information and gather information. The position also involves support for internal clients with data gathering and analysis, preparation of information materials, press releases, and social media posts.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in transportation planning, urban studies, public policy, or related fields.
- Two (2) to five (5) years of professional experience
- Familiarity of the Federal regulations that govern transportation planning such as American with Disability Act, MAP 21, and NEPA requirements.
- Ability to form work products with little management direction to meet specific desired objectives, and to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Strong writing, communication, and organization skills and attention to detail.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Visio, Publisher, PowerPoint, and related applications