March 21, 2018
Louis Berger is a global engineering and construction consulting firm with an international reputation of delivering superior results across an extensive portfolio of projects including rail and transit, bridge and tunnel, infrastructure, healthcare and education. Louis Berger’s expertise encompasses all phases of engineering from the initial planning stage through final design, construction and commissioning. We are providing Program Management and Construction Management (PM/CM) services in support of rail, infrastructure and mixed use improvement programs across the Middle East including but not limited to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan and the United Arab Emirates. The major components of these programs include rail, hospitals, schools, water treatment, and related infrastructure, along with safety, security, and environmental and sustainability services.
Louis Berger operates on every habitable continent. We have a long-standing presence in more than 50 nations, represented by the multidisciplinary expertise of nearly 6,000 engineers, economists, scientists, managers and planners.
Our team is growing and we are currently seeking for a Road Expert that will be based in Madinah Metro, Madinah in KSA The incumbent will report functionally to the Project Coordinator.
The Madinah Public Transportation Program (MPTP) includes a comprehensive metro and bus network, as well as substantial upgrades and new construction for the primary road network. It also provides relevant facilities such as stations, park-and-ride lots, depots, and advanced Intelligent Transportation Service (ITS) technologies.
Duties and responsibilities not limited to:
- Monitoring the client’s programme or progress report
- Attend workshops with client and prepare report for client
- Advise client on the technical issues
- Help client make decision on technical matters
- Coordinate with third party technical team and review their work
- Ensuring the Client’s compliance with the Contract Documents.
- Inspecting all workmanship and material.
- Coordinating the supply of vertical and horizontal controls for the Client’s.
- Making layout checks on line and grades.
- Coordinating with other Clients.
- Maintaining all file records on designated forms. These records include all reports on work force, equipment, progress, safety, etc.
- Reviewing and approving the Client’s shop drawings.
- Locating, executing and interpreting all soils and materials testing according to the provisions in the Contract Documents and Specifications.
- Responsible for the Contract and will not relieve the Clients of his responsibilities without authorization.
- Responsible for the final materials submittals and approval.
- Checking personnel, equipment and material costs for all Variation Orders and Change Orders required under the terms of the Contract.
- Reviewing requests for additional compensation and time extension.
- Preparing Variation Orders for all ‘Additional’ and ‘New’ works.
- Preparation of the Monthly Report.
- Site Safety monitoring wherein the monitoring activities, meeting, reviews, safety violations, rectification measures, and accident reports are included in the Monthly Progress Report.
- When necessary, determining proper costs of additions or credits due to the Client and recommend appropriate action.
- Strong Design review and Construction supervision experiences on roads and infrastructure projects.
- Well experienced in the construction field.
- Ability to utilize modern computer software and survey equipment. High level of critical thinking skills.
- Expertise in Planning, Claim Resolution, Landscape and Irrigation
- Conversant in MS Office Applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 20 years ‘experience
- Experience on similar large scale projects within the Middle East preferred.