Project Manager- PMO-15-006-17-11
New York, NY
July 15, 2017
Louis Berger is currently seeking 2 Project Managers (Port Authority Request). This position will be reporting at the WTC Operations/Redevelopment- Capital Operations Project Unit in New York City.
Task A –Project Management Plans
- Develop Project Management Plans covering conceptual development through construction completion, including staff budgets and baseline schedules for all project/program elements.
- Establish project team.
- Develop the project scope, schedule and budget for various stages of project delivery.
- Participate in facility scoping, design team update, program level coordination and other related progress meetings.
- Conduct presentations and prepare documentation, as required, to obtain approval for the project plan.
Task B –Implementation of the Management Plans
- Coordinate the implementation of the management plans and the work performed by all of the program and/or project members, as required.
- Conduct project kick‐off and progress meetings with the project team and record all minutes and agreements of meetings.
- Monitor all elements of the design development effort to meet the project’s approved scope, schedule and budget.
- Coordinate preparation of study reports, construction cost estimates and preliminary and final contract documents. Coordinate all elements of the contract document review process, including notifying all design development participants of the resolution of all comments. Establish contract conditions and precautions and hours‐of‐work restrictions.
- Establish through meetings with facility personnel staging restrictions/requirements based upon operational and maintenance constraints. Coordinate the resolution of project related issues with facility operating and maintenance staff, including negotiating agreements on client requested changes.
- Review studies, preliminary designs and contract documents for conformance to approved scope and budget.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Thorough knowledge of engineering design, construction estimating, facility operation, project budgeting and scheduling.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively, utilizing limited resources to achieve complex goals.
- Expert knowledge of the principles, methods and tools for developing, scheduling, and managing projects and resources.
- Extensive experience in managing and influencing diverse work groups and project teams.
- Demonstrated customer service, decision‐making, problem solving, negotiations and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of capital planning and assessment, cost‐benefit analysis, planning and evaluation, and risk management protocols.
- Proven skills at effective communication both at the interpersonal and group level.
- Proven ability to work effectively within groups and to complete assigned tasks independently.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline or a Project Management
- Professional certification along with a technical degree. A Professional Engineering license is highly desirable.
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the area of Project Management.
- Proficiency in the use of standard Microsoft Office products, Primavera (Oracle’s Project Management software) and ability to become competent with Port Authority software and reporting systems.