Facility Support Contract (FSC) Technical Support Manager
June 17, 2017
Louis Berger is seeking a candidate to provide Facility Support Contract (FSC) Technical Support to the NAVFAC, Washington DC located in the US Navy Yard in SE Washington DC.
The FSC’s is to assist NAVFAC WASH in the development of Performance Based contract documents for Facility Maintenance and other Facility Support Services within the NAVFAC WASH AOR. Louis Berger’s FSC shall be able to perform the following Tasks/Services:
Statement of Work document development.
- Perform a wide variety of technical and administrative duties related to and including specification development and contract coordination & oversight. Specification development will be accomplished using the NAVFAC performance based templates while the administrative duties will be for existing template type service contracts.
- Develop the independent government estimate (IGE) in conjunction with the specification for use during contract award and for any modification.
- Set deadlines and establishes sequence of specification development; advise supervisor regarding issues that impact existing schedules and recommends alternate solutions to minimize delay or maintain existing schedule.
- Monitor and assists in preparation of requests for proposals. Analyze proposals to ensure work can be accomplished in relation to overall schedule requirements.
- Coordinate preparation and receipt of facility inventories and historical data.
- Ensure safety requirements and fire regulations are included in specifications/ be knowledgeable in use of personal protective equipment (PPE), and take actions to develop/promote safety and the concepts and objectives of safety.
Contracting Officer Support
- Assist in the issuance of the contractor request for proposal.
- Assist in ensuring funds are requested for the contract award.
- Prepare independent government estimates (IGEs).
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Extensive technical and practical knowledge, and experience in Facility Maintenance and Services.
- Working Knowledge of Performance Based Contracting.
- Ability to speak and write and to report on progress and outcome of technical assignments and to present recommendations to PM.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio), and other similar personnel management and communication software.
- Able to communicate (both orally and in writing) effectively to all leadership levels.
- Knowledge and experience with applicable Codes and Industry Standards.
- Two year AAS Degree in business or engineering and two (2) years of experience in Facility Support or High School Diploma and five (5) years of experience in Facility Support.